Summer is a time for fun, relaxation, and of course, beer! As the weather warms up, people are more likely to head out to bars and restaurants to enjoy a cold one. If you’re a bar operator, it’s important to be aware of the latest beer trends so that you can keep your customers happy and coming back for more.
Here are a few of the top beer trends for the summer of 2023:
- Sour beers are on the rise: Sour beers have been gaining popularity in recent years, and they’re expected to continue to grow in popularity in the summer of 2023. Sour beers are made with bacteria or wild yeast, which gives them a tart and acidic taste. They’re perfect for hot weather, and they offer a unique and refreshing flavor profile that many people enjoy.
- Low-ABV beers are still in demand: Low-ABV beers are another trend that is expected to continue to grow in popularity in the summer of 2023. Low-ABV beers typically have an ABV of 5% or less, and they’re a great option for people who are looking for a healthier and more refreshing alternative to traditional beers.
- Hard seltzers are still popular: Hard seltzers are a type of low-ABV beverage that is made with carbonated water, alcohol, and fruit flavors. Hard seltzers are often marketed as a healthier alternative to beer, and they remain popular with consumers.
- Flavored beers are still in demand: Flavored beers are another trend that is expected to continue to grow in popularity in the summer of 2023. Flavored beers can be made with a variety of fruits, spices, and other flavors, and they offer a unique and refreshing taste. Some popular flavored beer styles include fruit beers, spiced beers, and coffee beers.
- Local and craft beers are still popular: Local and craft beers are still popular with consumers, and they’re expected to continue to be popular in the summer of 2023. Local and craft breweries offer a wide variety of beers, and they’re often more affordable than mass-produced beers.
As you can see, there are a number of different beer trends that are expected to be popular in the summer of 2023. By being aware of these trends, you can ensure that you have a variety of beers on tap to satisfy your customers’ needs.
In addition to being aware of the latest beer trends, there are a few other things that bar operators need to plan for during the busy summer months. Here are a few tips:
- Increase your inventory: Summer is a peak season for bars, so it’s important to make sure that you have enough beer on hand to meet demand. You may also want to consider increasing your inventory of other popular beverages, such as hard seltzers and cocktails.
- Hire additional staff: If you’re expecting a busy summer, you may need to hire additional staff to help you keep up with demand. This could include hiring more bartenders, servers, and kitchen staff.
- Promote your bar: Make sure to promote your bar to potential customers. You can do this through social media, print advertising, and word-of-mouth.
- Keep your bar clean and well-maintained: It’s important to keep your bar clean and well-maintained, especially during the summer months when it’s more likely to get dirty. This will help to create a positive and inviting atmosphere for your customers.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your bar is prepared for the busy summer months. So relax, enjoy the summer, and let your customers enjoy a cold beer!